Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Summer

I have been a huge slacker when it comes to updating my blog. So I'm going to catch everyone up in one post.
This summer we went on a few really great trips. In June, we had the opportunity to travel up to OR and be at my good friend Rachel's brother Caleb's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and it was nice to catch up with Rachel and her family. It was also really great to visit OR because I got to show Kevin where I used to live and all the great sites in that area. I also introduced him to my friend Tami, and I got to meet her boyfriend. We had a fabulous trip!

Then, in July we went with three sisters and their families to Hume Lake for a wonderful camping trip. We all had so much fun that we all want to go back every year!

In August we took another trip out to Arizona. It was my niece Alana's 2nd birthday and my friend Rachel's son Isaac's 1st birthday. It was great getting to spend time with friends and family.

Along with taking some trips, we also had some visitors this summer. Of course as usual, my sister Kristina and her family came out from Az to visit and we always love having them come cause we get lots of time with the girls. Especially since Kristina had Carah in May and this was our first opportunity to meet her in person.

Along with family visiting, as a special treat, Kerry and Leanna came down from Santa Cruz and stayed for a few days. I don't get to see them very often so I was so excited to show them around and just have some quality time. I kept them very busy with lots of shopping, especially in Hollywood/ Beverly Hills area. We went to my favorite Restaurant, Saddle Ranch Chop House, and they spent time catching up with my family. It was wonderful to have them visit me!



One sad change that occurred this summer was my parents moving away. My dad got a job up north and so in June we helped my parents pack up and they moved to Atascadero. It was really sad to see them go cause I've never lived in SoCal without them, but they come down to visit any chance they get. God has a plan for them up there and I'm excited to see how he will use them in the lives of that community.

The biggest news from the summer is... we are expecting our first child in March. I found out I was pregnant in July right after Kerry and Leanna left and right before we went camping. We are so excited!!! God has blessed us so much this summer and we can't wait to see what the fall and new year holds.

No comments: