Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas seemed like a whirlwind this year. We had three days in a row of celebrating Christmas.
Christmas Eve was spent with Kevin's family as well as going to Christmas Eve service at our church. For some reason I didn't take any pictures on Christmas Eve which is not like me but eventually I'll get some prints from Kevin's grandma. Christmas Eve service at church was wonderful! I got to sing with the adult worship team which is always great and the kids choir that I direct did a wonderful job singing "Go tell it on the Mountain". Our pastor did an incredible job at explaining God's free gift of eternal life!
Kevin was working this year on Christmas day so it was really fun to visit him at his fire station. All the families were there and everyone brings food to contribute to the Christmas meal. I had so much fun getting to know some more firefighter families and eating very delicious food! Again, for some reason I did not take a single picture on Christmas day.
We celebrated with my family the day after Christmas this year and although my sister Kristina and her family couldn't make the drive out from Arizona, it was wonderful to have my 90 yr old grandmother and my two aunts come out from Florida, as well as my brother Jake who is a Marine and just finished a tour in Afghanistan. We had a whole day of hanging out with everyone and eating. The kids did cookie decorating together and all the guys played "Mexican Train" most of the day. What a wonderful Christmas time with family!
























No comments: