Felicity is growing and learning so much,and I feel so blessed to be home with her and getting to experience every new and exciting thing. Currently she is becoming more chatty and sometimes when she's in her crib I can here her, through the monitor, just talking to herself. That always brings a smile to my face :) She has the sweetest little voice.
She can sit up for long periods of time all by herself with little to no support and she scoots and rolls around on the floor. She hasn't made it very far yet but I know it will be a matter of time before we will have to buy a baby gate for the top of the stairs cause she'll be crawling all over the place.
We've started her on rice cereal which some days she likes it and some days she doesn't but next week we get to start her on baby jar food which will be interesting and fun all at the same time. I'm not sure about how messy she's gonna get but I'll just have to deal with that :)
Today was the most exciting day, after 2 months of me signing basic words (i.e. mom, dad, thank you, please, all done, more, eat, drink, and water) she signed "all done" with one of her hands. I knew she would get it sooner or later and I'm so glad that it's sooner :)
We've had the opportunity to take a few trips since Felicity was born. The first was in May, we went to Arizona for my niece, Carah's first birthday. We also got to see our good friends who live out there. We had a great time!
In July, Kevin had to work over the 4th weekend so I went up to visit my parents in Atascadero with my sister Margaret and her daughter Evie. It was very relaxing and some of my favorite people, Kerry and Leanna, even came to visit and they got to meet Felicity for the first time.
We went camping in August with the Durso family. We weren't so sure how it would be camping with an infant but she did so good! We really enjoy camping and we're looking forward to many more years camping as a family.
Kevin's family had a reunion in Aug and it was really great to meet his cousin Jenn and her family as well as see his family from Az and all his family who lives nearby. It was fun to all be together and catch up!
This month, we went to visit friends of our who recently moved near Sacramento. It was great to see their new house, go to church with them and explore the area they live in. Since it was Labor Day weekend we decided to got to Old Town Sac for a special "gold rush" reenactment. There is so much to do and look at down there, so we had so much fun. We even got to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, which none of us had eaten at before. It's quite an experience, I highly recommend going!
Not only did we travel in September but we also had special visitors. Our good friends from Arizona came out and we got to go to an Angels vs Mariners game (they are Mariner fans!) And after 14 innings the Angels were victorious! :)
With all our joy over the past couple months there has also been sadness. In June a friend of ours, Tyson, died in an explosion. He was an amazing man of God! His family has been an example of strength through the last few months as well as honoring Tyson by praising God through all this. What a great testimony to all those who are unsaved and Kevin & I continue to pray for his close friends and family who feel the loss daily and especially for his beautiful wife, Lindsey.
Through Tyson's death, God has really spoken to my heart. I see how precious life is and how important it is to live every day for Christ and not for myself. God has also been teaching me more about His sovereignty, cause even though I don't understand why He takes people when He does, I can rest in knowing that "God is God and I am not!" Tyson is missed but we all know he is with God in Heaven and there is no better place to be!
God is good, ALL the time :)
1 comment:
Looks like you guys have been really busy! I especially love the picture of Felicity in the hammock. She literally looks like a doll!
Post a Comment