So my best friend Rachel told me that I need to update my blog cause she keeps looking to see if there's anything new and all she sees is recipes. This is for you Rach... Kevin and I didn't do much in June. We got back from our trips in May and he went in for Hernia surgery June 2nd. He was in a lot of pain at first but being as healthy as he is healed up quickly and was able to go back to work after 5 weeks of recovery. It was great having him home 24/7, it was the most time we had spent together at one time since we got married. If I'm being honest there were moments when I wondered if he would ever go back to work, but then I would remember how much I will miss him when he does and I would change my attitude. He had the hardest time because he doesn't sit around very often and he really likes to stay busy, but with this surgery he didn't have a choice. He did very well!!! It helped having Mike, Kristina and Alana visit the very first week after his surgery, cause I had other people there to entertain him.
A lot of changes have been happening at our church, our music pastor Mark has stepped down and so the church is looking for someone to replace him. And at about the same time the lady who was directing the kid's choir also stepped down. My brother-in-law Rob encouraged me to fill the position to direct the kid's choir, so after praying about it and talking to Kevin I called the church to let them know I'm willing to help out wherever needed. So in June I met with a couple people at church and I'm officially the new kid's choir director for the next school year. I'm excited about it and scared all at the same time. I'm looking forward to teaching kids again, as well as learning more about music, but most of all I'm excited to use the gift that God has given me to minister to my church family.
For 4th of July we went to Kati and Bobby's annual party and it was fun to swim, hang out and eat some really yummy food. That night we found a great spot for watching fireworks which we will probably try to get the same spot next year.
Also in the month of July our Korean students arrived two days ago. We agreed to house two Korean girls, ages 15, for three weeks. It's through a program that my dad set up when he worked at Grace Brethren. I'm excited to get to know them and I know God has something for Kevin and I to learn these next few weeks. You'll probably see lots of pictures of them soon cause I have a ton of fun things planned to do with them...beach, Kevin's fire station, hollywood, etc.
That's about all from us I hope everyone is doing well.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, friend! I enjoyed that. :) So... we just talked on the phone the other day, and you didn't tell me anything about being the new children's choir director! That's awesome! I'm sure you'll have so much fun with that. :)
Love you,
Rachel
Post a Comment